Concatenate in Excel is a function that is used to join multiple texts or strings into single text or string.
It means, using Concatenate function you can join a text from different cells.
And you can also use Concatenate function with space in Excel.
Note:-Before starting any Formula or Function you need to add (=)
Note:- You can also use "&" operator to Join texts instead of Concatenate function in Excel.
In the below given example, we have two columns with first name and last name. Now using Concatenate function we are going to join both names into single name.
To Join texts in Excel, execute below steps.
1. Select a cell where you want to join texts. (C2)
2. Type CONCATENATE in the formula bar and then select texts you want to Join.
4. You can join multiple texts with seperation of comma.
In the below given example, I have joined two texts with space. you can also add custom values like the hyphen(-) or symbols or texts in between concatenate function.
Here we have added two texts with a hyphen(-) or Dash symbol.
You can also use an ampersand (" & ") operator to join texts in Excel. it will give the same result.
After watching the video you can download the below sample sheet. and it helps you to do practice more.
* To Learn Tutorials in a simple Way.
* To Learn Excel basics with downloadable samples.
* To Learn HTML with sample Website code.
* To Learn PowerPoint presentations.
* To Learn MS Word for offical use.