Conditional Formatting in Excel is using to highlight the color of the cells depending upon the cell's value or user conditions.
In normal Excel cell formatting, we just apply the formatting without any condition or criteria.
But while applying conditional formatting in excel you should have some conditions or criteria for the cell value.
Based on that cell, you can apply multiple types of conditional formatting in Excel.
In the below given example, I have some numbers and I want to highlight some numbers based on cell criteria.
Let's see those numbers which has more than 900 value should come in Light Red Fill with Dark Red Text.
1. First select a range of cells that you want to apply conditional formatting.
2. And go to Home Tab and click on Conditional Formatting Option.
3. Then click HighLight Cells Rules and click Greater than...
4. New Formatting Rule dialog box opens, there you just select Only format cells that contain-->cell value-->greater than-->900(or Select Cell which contains 900 Value)-->Format with: Light Red Fill with Dark Red Text-->Click on Ok.
5.Now those value which has more than 900 values shows in Light Red Background with Dark Red Text.
In the same way, you can apply conditional formatting for Less Than, Between, Equal To, Duplicate Values, Contain Specific Text, etc..
To clear applied conditional formatting rules, follow the below steps.
1. Select the range of cells that you want to clear conditional formatting rules.
2. Click on Clear Rules.
3. If you click on Clear Rules from Selected Cells, it clears the selected cells conditional formatting only.
4. If you click on Clear Rules from Entire Sheet, it clears the entire sheet conditional formatting.
5. Now I am going to select Clear Rules from Selected Cells to remove formatting from selected cells only.
It is not so easy to explain complete conditional formatting in a single chapter. in the coming tutorials, we will discuss more about conditional formatting.
After watching the video you can download the below sample sheet. and it helps you to do practice more. please subscribe for more videos on our youtube channel.
* To Learn Tutorials in a simple Way.
* To Learn Excel basics with downloadable samples.
* To Learn HTML with sample Website code.
* To Learn PowerPoint presentations.
* To Learn MS Word for offical use.