Using the Remove Duplicates in-built tool in Excel, it is easy to remove duplicate values in Excel. we can remove duplicate values in a range of cells. which means, if the range of cells contains value more than one time and you want to delete duplicate values. it is difficult to delete one by one manually, in such type of scenario, Remove Duplicates in Excel helps you to remove duplicate values in the column.
The below examples teach you how to remove duplicates in Excel.
In the above example, we have a list of State Names with Values, but if you observe State Names, Karnataka State name repeated thrice.
Now, if you want to keep Karnataka State's name with Value one time, then Remove Duplicates will do that work. to find duplicates in column or range, you can use Conditional Formatting or Pivot Tables.
CTRL + F is the shortcut to find multiple entries.
To Remove Duplicates follow the below steps.
1. Select the range where you want to Remove Duplicates or put the cursor on any single cell on that data set.
2. Go to Data Tab, Data Tools Group, Click on Remove Duplicates.
3. you will get the below dialog box.
4. If you want to remove duplicates from the header, then uncheck My list has headers.
5. In this example, we want to remove duplicates from full data. if you want to remove duplicates from a particular column you can select that column.
6. Click OK.
Below is the result after Removing Duplicates.
Advance Filter extracts unique values from selected row to another row. let's take one more example,
1. Select the range or column that you want extract unique rows.
2. Go to Data Tab, Sort & Filter Group, Click on Advanced.
3. you will get below dialog box.
4. Here, the List range is Selected data, and Copy to is the cell where we need to extract unique records.
5. Click OK.
Result: Excel Extracted unique state names into the column D.
● To Learn Tutorials in a Simple Way.
● To Learn Excel Basics With Downloadable Samples.
● To Learn HTML With Sample Website Code.
● To Learn PowerPoint Presentations.
● To Learn MS Word for Offical use.